Some people think that it’s best to sell your home with a pool in the summer. And, in Arizona, we certainly get that appeal. But, in my experience, people who want a home with a pool are going to look for a home with a pool no matter what time of year it is. So, if you’re looking to sell your home sometime this fall, and you have a pool, there is no reason to believe that you won’t have any interested prospects. As a matter of fact, I have had many clients who are only interested in looking at homes with pools. This is especially true for people moving to the area from out of state. Suffice it to say, because of our warm, year-round temperatures, homes with pools are extremely desirable.
If you are looking to sell your home—and you have a pool—here are a few pool maintenance tips to ensure that your pool stays in good condition while on the market:
- Check your pool’s chemistry 2-3 times a week in the hottest months (especially during monsoon season) and weekly the rest of the year.
- Clean hair and lint pot in the pump every couple of weeks. Remember to turn the pump off before doing so.
- Clean out skimmer basket every week.
- Check water level regularly, and adjust as needed. Water should be at the center of the tile.
- Check your chlorine levels at least once a week.
- Make sure the light is on in the ozone unit, if applicable. Crack valve slightly at the pump, and check flow-meter often.
Pool maintenance does not have to be done by the homeowner. There are many competent and reliable pool services to help you keep your pool in good shape. If you need a recommendation for a pool maintenance service, I am more than happy to offer some suggestions.
And, of course, if you are looking to sell your home—whether or not you have a pool and no matter what time of year—I am happy to help you with other ideas to make your place market ready.
Contact me, Big Mike, at Down Home Real Estate. Helping you make a splash when your ready to sell your home is one of the things I do best.